Story ’10

My blogging buddy Brian C. Russell, Awesomologist has asked me to do a little PR for a mission’s conference happening December 28-31 of this year. (You may have noticed the little “Story ’10” square on my sidebar. Check out this video he put together:

Story’10 is a missions conference from Pioneers which invites you to be a part of God’s story among the unreached peoples of the world. You’ll hear first-hand accounts of how God is moving in the world from missionaries fresh off the field from areas like Thailand, Central Asia, Indonesia, Europe, South America, Africa and more! There’s even a track specifically for kids! For more information check out pioneers.org/story!

You know, I love a good story, especially when it’s part of God’s story. If you’d like to help spread the word, please visit Brian’s website here for more details.

I’ve personally never been on a mission trip abroad, have you?

« « Previous Post: Stay Hungry (Repost) | Next Post: Katdishionary, Part 10 » »

12 Responses to “Story ’10”

1. bman September 23, 2010 at 12:12 am #

I’ve only been to Mexico for a short time, but my wife went to India for two months! She said it was awesome and really changed her viewpoint on God and missions!

Thanks for helping out Katdish!
    .-= bman´s last blog ..Today’s the Day! =-.

2. *~Michelle~* September 23, 2010 at 8:25 am #

WOW! Sounds like a great conference/organization!

I have not been on a mission trip…..yet. It is on my “bucket list”.

I can TOTALLY see you on a mission trip…
    .-= *~Michelle~*´s last blog ..Thoughts on Facebook =-.

3. Marilyn September 23, 2010 at 8:35 am #

No, Katdish, I haven’t, despite having helped many who have put their story in writing AND getting my Spanish to a place where it’s almost really pretty good and I could maybe function, if immersed in it. I sometimes puzzle over why God has equipped me in this way if I’m not going anywhere.

4. Jake September 23, 2010 at 9:10 am #

I spent a few weeks in Kenya the first year I got saved. It was amazing. The place was beautiful and the people were too. It was a medical mission where I worked with a dentist and the person who was doing HIV testing. Scary stuff, but amazing!
    .-= Jake´s last blog ..This Post is =-.

5. Michael September 23, 2010 at 9:22 am #

I love how brian is the awesomeologist!

I’ve never been over sees, but our denomination trains extensively on missions and living in west texas, missions are very important because of how close we are to the border.
    .-= Michael´s last blog ..It Was The Floor =-.

6. Matt @ The Church of No People September 23, 2010 at 10:15 am #

Looks like it’s going to be a great conference. Wish I could be there.
    .-= Matt @ The Church of No People´s last blog ..The Art of Disagreement =-.

7. jasonS September 23, 2010 at 10:56 am #

Yep, been on many mission trips, but it’s been a while. Planning on going on many more in the future. You should definitely go on one, Kat. I think everyone should do it at least once.

Looks like an amazing conference, Brian.
    .-= jasonS´s last blog ..How to Draw a Crowd =-.

• bman September 23, 2010 at 1:49 pm #

It should be. God really moved at the last one from everything I hear about it. Especially during the prayer for the world and worship night on New Years Eve (featured at the beginning of the video). From what I understand, it ended in a cool time of worship while bouncing the globe around like a beach ball. Looked fun!
      .-= bman´s last blog ..Today’s the Day! =-.

8. laura September 23, 2010 at 11:10 am #

I’ve never been on a mission trip overseas and in my heart of hearts I long for that opportunity. I had the chance last year but after much prayer (and a definite opinion from my husband) decided it was not the right time. But I haven’t given up that hope and know that one day I will hear that big YES! I’m at work right now so can’t watch the video (big brother blocks that app) but will have to come back later to do so. Sounds good.

• bman September 23, 2010 at 3:39 pm #

Laura, this might be the perfect conference for you! It’s all about how you can fit into God’s story as he moves among the unreached! Hope you get to watch the video later and check out the website. It’s going to be awesome.
      .-= bman´s last blog ..Today’s the Day! =-.

9. Tony Alicea September 24, 2010 at 8:17 am #

This looks awesome! I pray that this stirs a lot of hearts towards the unreached in the world. It’s crazy how many have never heard the gospel in the 10/40 window.

I went on my first missions trip this year to South East Asia. I went to Myanmar (Burma) and Laos. I worked with two other guys who train local leaders to plant churches in their country. It was cool because we didn’t have to learn the language or the culture, we simply trained leaders in their respective country to effectively bring the Gospel to their own people. It was a pretty amazing experience.