Pausing a moment to say thanks…

October 11, 2010 was the official release of Snow Day by Billy Coffey. (Available at a bookstore near you. Buy early, buy often.)

This is Billy’s time in the spotlight, so I won’t take up too much of your time. But I wanted to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to some people.

First, to my family—who have graciously allowed me to spend countless hours on the computer that could have been spent with them. For understanding that sometimes you give of your time and talents not for personal gain or recognition, but simply because it’s the right thing to do. You’ve been my own personal cheering section.

To my bloggy pals who have been with me from the early days of Hey Look a Chicken. You believed in and supported Billy’s work because I asked you to. And even though his work never needed my endorsement, just the fact that you believed in him because I did means a lot. Y’all are friggintastic.

To Billy’s readers/friends, and for those of you whose paths I’ve crossed somewhere along the way—thank you all for welcoming this brash, outspoken, sometimes snarky and often ridiculous blogger into your midst. It’s been wonderful getting to know you all.

To Peter Pollock—I could never say thank you enough for all that you’ve done. Billy’s website would never have happened without you. You took the vision in my mind and translated it flawlessly into reality and you continue to provide excellent technical and moral support to my very demanding self. You truly are a prince.

And finally to Billy—
It’s been quite an adventure, no? Thank you for putting your trust in a virtual stranger almost 2 years ago who had no idea what she was doing, but let me figure it out along the way. Thank you for allowing me to read your words before sharing them with the rest of the world, and most of all, thank you for not giving up on your dreams, even when they seemed so far out of reach. The world would be a darker, less hopeful place without your stories.

Of all the lessons you’ve learned during this roller coaster ride—about faith and trust, about honor and friendship, if you take nothing else away from this experience, I hope you’ve learned this one undeniable truth:

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT!

ALWAYS.

(Snort!)

« « Previous Post: #SnowDayBook day! | Next Post: Keep your focus (Repost) » »

9 Responses to “Pausing a moment to say thanks…”

1. *~Michelle~* October 12, 2010 at 7:14 am #

WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to Billy and to you as well, Kathy! Thank you both for inviting us to join you on your journey. It’s been great getting to “know” you guys……looking forward to many more laughs (and tears) together.

Peace~

*~Michelle~*

• katdish October 12, 2010 at 12:07 pm #

Michelle,

I can usually trace back to where I connected with folks, but for the life of me, I can’t recall how we connected. Was it thru Sherri’s blog? Billy’s? I can’t remember, but I glad we did, just the same.

2. Billy Coffey October 12, 2010 at 8:34 am #

What do those last few sentences say? They’re so small that I can’t read them…

No worries, though. I’m sure whatever it was, those words were filled with your usual humility.

Thanks, Kat.

3. Annie McMahon October 12, 2010 at 9:25 am #

Of course, as I said, women are ALWAYS right. I’m glad everyone agrees on that. 😉

Congrats, Billy! You’re lucky to have found such a dedicated supporter as Kat. I’d love to hear the whole story of how it all started. Any blog link?

• katdish October 12, 2010 at 9:30 am #

The whole story? That could probably be a book in itself, but here’s how it began:

I found Billy’s old blog thru Jason’s blog, Connecting to Impact. Read his post about Fruit Salad, and called him a jerk for dropping the F-bomb on his grandmother.

The rest, as they say, is history.

4. kelybreez October 12, 2010 at 9:32 am #

As a relative newcomer on the scene, I just say, “Magnificent.” To see this teamwork/friendship put together a formidable publicity, yet do it in a fun, good-natured, winsome, make-readers-want-to-be-a-part way… Amazing.

My favorite part is that you are friends, genuinely.

Congrats to both of you for a job more than well done.

5. A Simple Country Girl October 12, 2010 at 10:22 am #

Miss Kathy, you have rather nice pen(wo)manship.

By the way, I was just about to get teary-eyed, then I went ahead and did it anyway.

6. Maureen October 12, 2010 at 11:29 am #

Thank you! THank YOu! THANK YOU!

7. Sandra Heska King October 14, 2010 at 9:12 pm #

You are one awesome barnkat.

Yay, Billy!