All we are saying is give Peeps a chance

I’ve never been a big fan of Peeps candy, but last year I found a fun and calorie-free way of enjoying the sugary marshmallow treats. Enjoy:

What can we learn?

• That we can enjoy Easter candy without having to eat it.
  • That I am easily amused.
  • That maturity is mostly overrated.
  • That Cadbury Creme Eggs are vile and disgusting. (Okay, we didn’t really learn that, but they are…)

(And yeah, that’s me giggling in the background. Sorry/you’re welcome.)

« « Previous Post: Mushrooms, anyone? | Next Post: Way over yonder » »

33 Responses to “All we are saying is give Peeps a chance”

1. Maureen April 20, 2011 at 5:49 pm #

And don’t miss the annual Washington Post Peeps Contest:

The winner this year: “Chilean CoPeepapo Mine Rescue”.

• katdish April 20, 2011 at 6:08 pm #

Oh my gosh! Those are BRILLIANT! I especially love the split peep soup, but I have a rather sick sense of humor. (In case you haven’t noticed.)

2. Nikole Hahn April 20, 2011 at 5:57 pm #

You murdered them. :o( I’ll never be the same again. LOL. I can’t get enough of peeps. They are my favorites.

3. karenzach April 20, 2011 at 6:00 pm #

You are one sick individual. I hope Peeps invade your dreams. I love me some peeps!

4. Craig April 20, 2011 at 6:03 pm #

Amen – I never liked them either – they are getting what they deserve!!! It’s what they do to people!!!! Too much sugary marshmellowy ich – and the music choice for the bunnies made it all so peaceful and warm. ƪ(◠‿◠)╯ Still smiling. God bless.

5. Amy Nabors April 20, 2011 at 6:05 pm #

Hilarious! I don’t like peeps, but this was so entertaining. And yes you are easily amused. 🙂

6. Robin Arnold April 20, 2011 at 6:14 pm #

Please tell me you had chocolate bars and graham crackers at the ready? You so whacky.

• katdish April 20, 2011 at 6:18 pm #

No, but Buddy Love had a little treat after the peeps carnage.

7. Beth E April 20, 2011 at 6:41 pm #

I hate Peeps, but I these videos totally cracked me up! Oh, and I totally agree with you about Cadbury Creme Eggs. :p

8. Eric April 20, 2011 at 6:49 pm #

My dear Kathy — how does one respond to such springtime carnage? What are we going to do with you?

• katdish April 20, 2011 at 7:03 pm #

Oh, Eric. If I had a dollar for every time someone asked me that I’d be rich like Oprah.

9. Jeanne Damoff April 20, 2011 at 7:46 pm #

Yes, I’m laughing, but mostly because you were laughing and it’s fun to picture you there with your camera getting all tickled over expanding marshmallows.

The jar was definitely my fave, though the bunny back bends were nice, too. Sort of reminded me of the slow motion fight scene choreography in movies like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, only not. At all.

• katdish April 20, 2011 at 7:52 pm #

YES!!!! I knew those bunnies reminded me of something! I may have to reenact a fight scene from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Now THAT would be epic!

10. Simply Darlene April 20, 2011 at 7:53 pm #

new title suggestion: You May PeePants While Watching Exploding Peeps

Uh, thanks for that.

11. Larry Hehn April 20, 2011 at 10:04 pm #

Believe it or not, I’ve never seen Peeps live and in person. But I’m going to get me some now!

• Michael April 20, 2011 at 11:09 pm #

I’m going to have to mail some to Canada now.

12. Michael April 20, 2011 at 10:42 pm #

This makes me want to cry. You have no idea how much I love Peeps.

• Duane Scott April 21, 2011 at 9:20 am #

Ya, today, I don’t like you Kathy.

Yep, I said it. 🙂

13. Hazel Moon April 21, 2011 at 12:15 am #

Thanks for your unusual rendition of Peeps and more Peeps! Actually I prefer a Snickers candy bar. Does Snickers candy come in different shapes? NOT!

14. Louise April 21, 2011 at 7:02 am #

I didn’t even know what Peeps were!!!

And now, they’re dead.

Sigh.

….You are wickedly funny and awesome. Your laughing is the very bestest part! 🙂

15. James Williams April 21, 2011 at 8:54 am #

One thing I couldn’t help but notice: the music. The first clip has some of the most generic rock guitar ever. Kinda sounds like something in the background of an 80’s teen-oriented flick (not a John Hughes one, though–he always picked quality music). I’m thinking Valley Girl or Just One of the Guys.

The second is also generic, but slow and mushy, like the peeps themselves, by the end of the clip.

Both pieces of music remind me of the canned music which came with Flash back when I did Flash development.

Those are my thoughts, priced at exactly 2 cents apiece.

Oh yeah: I hate Peeps.

• katdish April 21, 2011 at 9:14 am #

Astute observation, James. Both music selections came with the flip video software on my computer.

16. Candy April 21, 2011 at 9:03 am #

Yes, Hazel! They make Snickers eggs! Or maybe the chickens here lay them.

17. Candy April 21, 2011 at 9:05 am #

Love those peeps. No blood vessels to worry about.

18. Keri @ Pop Parables April 21, 2011 at 10:51 am #

hahahanenenehahanenenenahahah

That’s my evil version of the LOL

This was awesome!

19. SarahBee April 21, 2011 at 1:05 pm #

The jar was my favorite. I just had to watch it a few times in a row. “Why can’t we just get along?” ROTFLOL
    Your laughter is infectious.
    I’ve never eaten a Peep, but I look forward to your Peep-videos every year….
    That didn’t sound right, but you know what I mean!

20. PeterP April 21, 2011 at 1:14 pm #

Sometimes, you disturb me.

Greatly.

Do you microwave everyone that you don’t like the taste of?

In other news… Cadbury Creme Eggs made in England are not wonderful but no-where near as disgusting as the ones made here

• katdish April 21, 2011 at 2:22 pm #

I only disturb you sometimes? I’ll have to work on that.

21. Sandra Heska King April 21, 2011 at 4:08 pm #

Too funny! I remember thinking the same thing last time–who has to clean up the mess?

22. Jamie April 23, 2011 at 2:33 pm #

I am not a peep lover. I had an old pastor who loved them. I would bring them to him…but just not my thing. They really don’t do well in the microwave. Unfortunately I don’t think I’ll ever get that image out of my head.

23. virtualDavis April 25, 2011 at 9:09 am #

Uh-oh. Fun with food. Freaky food full of puff and never-knew-nature coloring, but food nonetheless. Glad I wasn’t on clean up detail! 😉

24. Nick the Geek February 21, 2012 at 8:50 am #

I’ve fired them out of my t-shirt cannon, but I will say they leave behind a really nasty mess, took forever to clean up.

1. A Peeps-Offering | All The Church Ladies - April 23, 2011

[…] may have seen this video posted over at Kathy’s site this […]