The #RoyalWedding recap

I had no intention of watching the Royal Wedding. I just don’t get jazzed up about stuff like that. Pomp and circumstance has its place I suppose, just not at 3:00 a.m. CST.

But as bad luck would have it, I awoke at 3:00 a.m. CST to the sound of the theme song from “Cops” blaring from my television. And since it seems they show the same dumb, drunk criminal lying to the police over and over again on that program, I figured, what the heck? Might as well watch some pomp and circumstance.

And hey, while I’m at it, might as well post some random thoughts on the twitter at the same time:

This is one long wedding. By this time at my wedding I was already @ the reception doing the chicken dance. #royalwedding

I’m guessing they won’t being doing the chicken dance @ this one, though #royalwedding

I’m going to wait until #royalwedding is over before I make fun of the hats, because I’m classy like that.

The people outside look really happy, don’t they? #royalwedding

I wonder if one dry cleaner takes care of all these clergy robes. Bet they’re easy to spot on that automated hanger thingy #royalwedding

Okay, people. Let’s wrap it up. We have another wedding here at 6:00 #royalwedding

So now what? Reception? They look pretty relaxed to me. #royalwedding

Incidentally, I had no intention of watching the #royalwedding. I just woke up too early.

I think it’s interesting that all the women I saw were dressed conservatively (except some hats) & the most lavish costumes worn by men

Can someone tweet a pic of that tan hat that girl was wearing behind the queen, because Dang. What was that thing?#royalwedding

“If you really want something in life you have to work for it. Now quiet, they’re about to announce the lottery numbers” – Homer Simpson

Okay seriously...WTH?

@BigMama247 How can you be okay with that hat? I wonder if she’s going to have a picture of the royal couple put in that frame on her head. (in reply to: @katdish Well, better with the hat than with the make-up. And I like anything that is feather-free.)

@BigMama247 There was a copious amount of plumage & flying saucers in attendance.

@agapeguitars @BigMama247 “Do you like my hat?” “No, I do not like your hat.” – Go Dog Go (in reply to: @katdish @BigMama247 Well, I’m not Alise, but I love the hat for its Seussian qualities. That always supersedes good taste IMO.)

@SBeeCreations @agapeguitars mentioned a certain Dr. Seussian quality to it. I tend to agree. (in reply to @katdish @agapeguitars Do you like my hat?)

Getting ready for the next #royalwedding unstated flashy

Perhaps an environmental statement #royalwedding

And floral is appropriate for a spring #royalwedding

"You wanna a piece of me?!?" #royalwedding

So there you have it. I watched the Royal Wedding so you didn’t have to. Sorry/you’re welcome/TTFN!

« « Previous Post: Procrastination | Next Post: The proper care and feeding of elephants, Part 2 » »

16 Responses to “The #RoyalWedding recap”

1. kelybreez April 29, 2011 at 7:21 pm #

That poor lady had a pretzyl impaled into her head.

• Peter P April 29, 2011 at 10:16 pm #

That ‘poor lady’ is Princess Beatrice. Daughter of Prince Andrew, Her Majesty the Queen’s second oldest son and therefore fifth in line to the throne of Great Britain and the Commonwealth.

Just thought I’d mention it.

• katdish April 30, 2011 at 8:21 am #

Ah, yes. She does favor Fergie, doesn’t she? Thanks for the royal lineage lesson Sir Peter.

• Peter P April 30, 2011 at 11:52 pm #

Hopefully on Monday, I’ll write a post about why the lineage is so important to me

2. Wendy April 29, 2011 at 7:23 pm #

Do you think you could somehow combine all three of your hats to make one really fabulous one? And maybe throw the pizza on there somehow. That would be swell.

3. okiewife April 29, 2011 at 7:32 pm #

I overslept so missed the wedding. This Recap is all the information I need to feel that I have not missed anything important. Except the hats. Ummmm….are hats important? Thank you for keeping us all informed and amused.

4. Maureen April 29, 2011 at 7:53 pm #

That hat must have been an oversize Christmas bow she saved and then thought to dye to match the dress and shoes. Imagine the mark the SuperGlue left on her forehead.

5. Candy April 29, 2011 at 8:58 pm #

I love the reindeer hat. A string o’ lights and that puppy would make great yard art in December.

Thanks for the recap – I saw nothing except a glimpse on the special tonight that said David Beckham wore a medal inappropriately and on the wrong side. After that, I went to alphabetize my spices.

6. Glynn April 29, 2011 at 10:11 pm #

You should have been invited! Or least offered the job of fashion commentator!

7. Simply Darlene April 30, 2011 at 9:59 am #

Did you make-over the pizza miss Kathy or did it come like that?

(Not too sure about the aforementioned hat, perhaps a jungle gym for miniature monkeys?)

• katdish April 30, 2011 at 10:00 am #

No, didn’t make over the pizza. Who has that kind of time?

8. Jeanne Damoff April 30, 2011 at 10:08 am #

Definitely wasn’t up early enough to watch it live, but I watched the ceremony on video recap — felt like a Disney movie, which is the closest thing in my experience to royal weddings. The music, the camera angles of the lofty cathedral — I had to keep reminding myself it wasn’t Cinderella and Prince Charming, and I almost laughed out loud with delight when the trumpeters played from the balcony with flags hanging off their trumpets. All they needed were a bunch of mice throwing confetti, and it would have been the real deal. I have to say I genuinely enjoyed it. Very magical.

Your hats are fabulous, KD, darling, as is your facial expression, especially in the lampshade. Can’t imagine why you weren’t invited. Maybe if you start training confetti mice now you can snag an invite to the wedding of pretzel-hat princess.

9. Hazel Moon April 30, 2011 at 1:22 pm #

No I didn’t watch, because I was still getting my “Beauty Sleep.” But thanks for the re-cap! I did watch the crowning of the Queen many years ago, but I don’t keep up with these royal weddings.

10. Helen May 2, 2011 at 9:42 am #

I was actually planning to watch it, but never got around to it. I was just a child when Chuckie married Lady Di…. She was so lovely…. Like I said, I meant to watch this one, but didn’t.

11. jasonS May 2, 2011 at 1:03 pm #

More than I cared to know, but you kept me entertained so good deal. Thanks Kat. 🙂

12. karenzach May 4, 2011 at 8:28 am #

So glad I waited till this morning to read this. I needed this laugh.