The art of beating a dead horse

You know when you see a play on words

or a funny poster about people’s often misguided perceptions,

and you think to yourself, “Ha! That’s pretty clever.”?

And then roughly 48 hours later you’re completely over it because the phenomenon has become the equivalent of annoying chain email your Aunt Edna has sent you and 15,000 of her closest friends and relatives?

Yeah…that.

We get it.

Please stop now.

« « Previous Post: We have ants (repost) | Next Post: The envelope » »

10 Responses to “The art of beating a dead horse”

1. Simply Darlene February 24, 2012 at 1:01 pm #

If it makes you feel better, I’ve not seen any of these images until just now.

Who is Lin? Do I not know the answer because I don’t own a TV?

Do you wanna come over to my house? Apparently I am so out of touch that even the chain letters cannot find me.

• katdish February 24, 2012 at 1:21 pm #

Darlene,

Jeremy Lin was a bench warmer for the New York Knicks until injuries to key players made him a starter. He lead his team to an 8 game winning streak and is quite a phenomenal player. As to the other, you are immune to the plethora of posters because you’re not on Facebook, where they’re everywhere.

• Simply Darlene February 24, 2012 at 2:35 pm #

i’m immune? and i didn’t even get a shot. yeehaw for me.

(thanks for the clarification, explanation, etc.)

blessings.

2. Candy February 24, 2012 at 1:17 pm #

Amen & snort!

3. Jenn February 24, 2012 at 2:01 pm #

Amen! The Facebook Meme is really ridiculous.

I saw this, and it’s in the same spirit as your post: http://weknowmemes.com/2012/02/this-meme-what-my-friends-think-i-do/

• katdish February 24, 2012 at 2:06 pm #

Ha! Exactly!

4. Louise G February 26, 2012 at 4:29 pm #

I love coming here to visit. You make me smile and wish… I’d said that! :)

5. Helen February 27, 2012 at 9:18 am #

I’ve never seen those posters either, but I do know what you mean.

I thought this commercial was HILARIOUS the first time I saw it!

But I’m tired of it already, and it isn’t even March yet! (For those interested, the sweepstakes goes on until March 31.) My uncle thought it was cute ONCE, but now he says “this again!” every time the commercial comes on, which is also getting old, and he doesn’t even live here…

So yeah. I get it.

6. Jason Stasyszen February 27, 2012 at 5:23 pm #

I’m with you. The first one you see is clever, the thousands of copy-cats get annoying quick. The Bill Cosby one was kinda funny though. :)

7. jake February 28, 2012 at 9:29 pm #

I hate those things! They were great at first, but now I’m over them too. Completely overdone.