Choose your Chia

Not to sound all alarmist and whatnot, but the vote you cast for president this November is an important one. Maybe the most important one you’ll ever make. Because you’re not just voting for president, you’ll be voting for what kind of country you’ll be living in. The country is equally divided as to which course is better–more government versus less government, and how those choices affect every American.

As disheartening and depressing as it’s been to watch, I’ve been following this race closely. I made up my mind a long time ago. As for the undecideds? I’m sort of at a loss as to what they’re undecided about. Maybe they’re simply trying to decide between the lesser of two evils.

But regardless of who wins in November, the fine folks at Chia prove that catering to the needs of Americans obsessed with buying stupid crap is always a win/win. Yay capitalism!

« « Previous Post: Tina, me and the junior high bullies | Next Post: How you play the game » »

13 Responses to “Choose your Chia”

1. Larry Hehn September 24, 2012 at 8:29 pm #

Do they have a Bruce Willis Chia for people who aren’t good with plants?

• katdish September 24, 2012 at 10:10 pm #

I don’t think they have a Bruce Willis version, Larry but I am currently in negotiations with Chia to market a Billy Coffey chia pet, which does not have hair on the scalp, but grows facial hair at an alarming rate.

2. jake September 24, 2012 at 9:28 pm #

Of course, there’s no chia Ron Paul. It’s just like everything else with our two-party system. I recently read an article that the twenty-somethings voting in this election are the first generation without a political party. All the undecideds are my age and younger because really, both parties seem to suck. Ooooh man. I can’t tell if I should vote like I want to because I know my man won’t win. BUT, I want my voice to be heard, whether or not I get my chia.

Love this. Sorry to be too serious and complain.

• katdish September 24, 2012 at 10:15 pm #

I hear you, Jake. It is frustrating. The two party system leaves many good candidates out of the running. Me? I would vote for whomever I felt best represented my priorities and values, whether they have a chance or not. I did that years ago, along with a lot of other people. It gave the white house to Bill Clinton, who turned out to be a decent president.

• Helen September 25, 2012 at 9:48 am #

All the undecideds are your age and under? Thanks, Jake. I feel young again!

Seriously, I’m exhausted by how much I disagree with each candidate over various things. I’m tempted to go into the voting corral, sing a little song in my head, then hand back an empty ballot. So tempted…. But deep down, I know that know matter how much a disagree with the one, I have to prioritize, then hold my nose and punch that chad. (or use the computer screen version. I may punch that, too…)

• SimplyDarlene September 25, 2012 at 11:54 am #

Oh, miss Helen, don’t not vote. Too many of our good men and women have died securing your freedom to do so.

For me, the first question they have to answer is: Are you pro-life. I mean really, what is there if there isn’t life? (getting off my soap box before I rant)

3. James Williams September 25, 2012 at 8:08 am #

I just want to back up your assertion that this election is more important than other recent ones, by adding this point: The Supreme Court has 4 members ages 74 and up. Whoever wins this year could end up appointing enough justices to change the course of the SC for decades.

4. Brian Russell September 25, 2012 at 8:42 am #

It’s always good to know that between Chia and 7-Eleven, our votes are calculated with the most sincere reverence.

5. Jason September 25, 2012 at 9:41 am #

St-st-st-stupid! 🙂

6. Jason Stasyszen September 25, 2012 at 11:33 am #

I also thank God for my third option: the freedom not to buy ridiculous crap. I like how they frame it that you’re “supporting your candidate”–uh huh, sure…

7. SimplyDarlene September 25, 2012 at 11:59 am #

Okay, miss Kathy. I don’t know where this fits into the whole scheme of things, but I EAT CHIA SEEDS every day. To spread these little health wonders across a terra cotta head, or pet for that matter, is a disgrace to the seed. Has anyone thought of that? No. Poor little chia seed, come to Darlene’s and she’ll eat ya for breakfast.

Chia seed eaters unite! (or something like that)

8. floyd September 26, 2012 at 4:14 pm #

I don’t know anytime in history where a nation and it’s people were better off with a bigger government… Any person that is set on doing away with the Constitution can count me as an enemy…

Oh, and they can keep the Chia pet… I have a hard enough time keeping up with my own grooming…

9. karenzach October 1, 2012 at 9:15 am #

Bruce Willis is too short to be president.